Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Kaleidoscope Quilt Finished!

Oh, happy day! I actually finished this one on time! I went a little bigger on the dimensions to make this a small picnic quilt. We were able to break it in yesterday during the Pioneer Day celebration in Logan. I am really happy with how it turned out. I wish it was a tad bigger, but it fits our little family well enough for a parade or picnic.
Mr. Polka Dot Apron and Kolton snuggled up for a nap before the parade
Kolton and Sam munching on chicken nuggets (got it all nice and crummy!)
Aaaaand, here she is!!! I used scraps from (I don't know where) for the border and binding, but the rest is all Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda and Kona Snow.
The back is all sorts of scraps left over from the front. I went a little nutso but I am actually really happy with the result! As you can tell, I quilted along the white portions of the front (sorry, it is really wrinkly from the heat and being sat on in un-mowed grass). I think this quilt will get lots of use this summer!
I am linking up to "Fabric Tuesday" at Quiltstory today- go check out the other fun projects going on!
~Happy Sewing!~

7 comments:

  1. What yummy colors in your beautiful quilt!

    Mrs. Hearts
    www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colors and design are beautiful. You are very brave to allow food on it after all that work!! I`d have to let the newness wear off first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors! Congrats on finishing your Kaleidoscope, I just finished mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you used. Nice combination. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I love pics of quilts in use.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your finish - what a great kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love seeing a quilt get used like this, too :)

    ReplyDelete