Well, after getting home from my trip, I really had to buckle down and finish unpacking my house and getting things in order. I have been known to sew despite the mess, but I prefer a nice clean environment in which to create! Yesterday, I worked on my sewing room and as a reward at the end of the day, I decided to whip out a couple things for my kitchen. I love my kitchen in this house! It is a beautiful 'cherry cobbler' red with honey gold knotty alder cabinets that my hubby made. Well, I've made about a hundred towels and pot holders for everyone I know, and none for me, so I decided to chuck my 11 year old pot holders and make some new ones (didn't use a tutorial for these, just went with it!) along with a hand-drying towel I made using THIS tutorial from Pin.Sew.Press.
Isn't that fabric so cute? I got it at JoAnn's a while ago. It was the only bolt there, and it was printed crooked. Now, it could just be me, but I don't think I should have to pay full price for something that is not printed correctly, because any sewer worth their salt knows that if you mess with the grain of the fabric in order to get a design centered or straightened, it will go all wonky. Therefore, I pitched a bit of a fit when they wouldn't mark it down for me (Okay, I really just said I was disappointed, but that is a step for me) and I had a coupon anyway, so I just got a little and figured that a small project like I was doing shouldn't be too bad, and in reality, it wasn't. It does pull a little strangely, but overall I am happy with them. I really wanted to get enough to make me a new kitchen apron, but with the strange direction of the print, there was no way it would work (unless the fabric had been 60% off, then I would have made it work ;D )Sooo, there we are! New kitchen goodies! More projects to come soon!