Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Something Awful

Wow! A week already! Today's work in progress is my MOVE. Our house has been rented out for the last year and we are finally moving back in. I am so giddy over this I could die. I really didn't think I'd have any time to post anything today, but here I am :D . Little Sam decided to take a nap as I was preparing to go to the house and begin unpacking so I get a little break now. We are only moving half a mile away so I not pressed for time or anything. As I mentioned in my last post, I finished two quilts this week so I thought I'd share some pics of the second one. When I was growing up my Aunt Joann made each niece and nephew a quilt when we graduated from High School. Well, since I am the only one out of my siblings who sews regularly, I decided to take the torch and carry on the tradition. These quilts are called "Awful Quilts" by my aunt because they are awfully warm and awfully soft and awfully comfy, etc. They are good old fashioned no-nonsense denim quilts made out of jeans scraps and flannel on the back. I still have mine and love it to death. It is super heavy and perfect for camping and picnicking. I will try to get a picture of it once it is unpacked. My nephew, Blake, graduated from high school yesterday so I took on my first ever awful quilt! 8X8 squares of old jeans donated by various family members backed with camo/snowboarding flannel. It went together in a jiff and I did a good old fashioned quilt tying session because I didn't want to vary from tradition. So, here she is!




And here's the man of the hour! Am I really that short or is he just really tall? Congratulations, Blake!
In further news: A wonderful linking party is happening over at Blue Cricket Design today! Check out all the wonderful project ideas and tutorials she has posted and see if you can spot 'yours truly' :D


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment